Bob Murray represents companies and individuals in all types of commercial litigation in state and federal courts. Recent cases have involved contract interpretation and enforcement, legal malpractice defense, insurance coverage disputes, class action defense, construction, real estate, taxation, torts, and actions under the False Claims Act and Missouri Hancock Amendment. Mr. Murray also has extensive appellate experience, including writing numerous briefs and oral argument.
Mr. Murray received a Missouri Lawyers Award for the 2011 Top Defense Win in connection with his representation of Philip Morris USA in a 12-year case where numerous hospitals were seeking to recover over $500 million.
Mr. Murray represented the relator in the qui tam whistleblower case that resulted in one of the largest healthcare fraud settlements ever reached by the United States.
Mr. Murray holds bachelors and masters degrees in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering and worked for seven years as a structures engineer at McDonnell Douglas in St. Louis.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Legal Malpractice Defense
- Appellate Practice
- Washington University, J.D.
- University of Illinois, M.S.
- Purdue University, B.S., with distinction
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
Professional Associations, Memberships & Honors
- Order of the Coif
- Tau Beta Pi
- Notes and Comments Editor, Washington University Law Quarterly
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Benchmark Litigation, 2011-13 Future Star
- 2011 Top Defense Win, Missouri Lawyers Awards
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Presenter, "Class Actions," Missouri Bar CLE, 2012
Kohn, Shands, Elbert, Gianoulakis & Giljum, LLP assists clients with Commercial Litigation, Civil Litigation, Education Law, Business Law, Labor and Employment Law, Estate and Tax Planning, Real Estate Law and Professional Liability Defense in the City of St. Louis, St. Louis and St. Charles Counties and throughout Missouri and Central and Southern Illinois.